The AT&T Performing Arts Center is a nonprofit organization that manages several city-owned venues in the Dallas Arts District, including the spectacular Winspear Opera House and innovative Wyly Theatre. The Center's internal Creative Services department oversees all of the organization's visual communications, including marketing, fundraising, public relations, education programs and general Center branding.
AT&T PAC is currently seeking an intern to help with our escalating spring workload. This is a great opportunity for a design student or recent graduate to gain experience working with a small in-house design team, while supporting a great local arts organization.
Responsibilities will vary based on the candidate's abilities, but will likely include:
- assisting in research, brainstorming and development of materials for internal presentations
- assisting in design, layout and production of a wide range of communications materials, including signage, print ads, web graphics and print collateral
- organizing and maintaining a growing image library and job archive
Schedule is flexible, but candidates should be able to devote at least 20 hours per week (during normal business hours) on-site at the Center's administrative office in downtown Dallas.
This is an un-paid position.
- thorough understanding and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite software (especially Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign) on Mac OS
- strong conceptual skills
- detail-oriented and well-organized
- strong communication and interpersonal skills
- strong work ethic, positive attitude and eagerness to learn
- real-world experience in layout and production of print and/or interactive media is a plus
- hand-drawing skills are a plus
To apply, please send the following to Ben Rush at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- resume (in pdf format)
- portfolio samples (3-5 pieces in a pdf, or a link to a web portfolio)